So, I have this reaccuring idea about building my own house some day. finacial means premitting.
mainly cause then everything will be new and exsactly the way I want it (or we want it, in case I'm building it around a family)
My old master.... sounds like I studied martial arts, was a jedi padawan once. The man I was apprenticed to, when I studied to be an electrician, had built his own house, and while it was an awesome house. It was the thing that he'd made it exsactly like he wanted it, everything was new, there were no patch work solutions and being a craftman himself, he'd made it with possible expansions in the future in mind.
The whole idea just blew me away and it's stuck with me ever since =)
So, something along the lines of this.
well... maybe not. just building the mountain would cost a fortune ^^; but then again. with my home perched on a hill/mountaintop I could install a bat cave =3
And european castles are awesome ^^
Anyways. Back to the house, there's no set of blue prints, just a general idea of what I want as it seems to morph every few years.
But rooms are secondary to the kitchen and bathroom. (you can tell I really hate the claustophobic versions I'm stuck with in my current appartment =P )
The kitchen need to be roomy, bright and warm. preferably an eating kitch. you know with a cooking area and an area with a dinner table. The kitchen at my grandparents farm is like that. and while there's two hole living rooms, one with a dinner area. most of the time when in the house, everyone was in the kitchen ^^
It was just nice to hang around out there ^^
Not entirely there with the decor of this kitchen. But the tree is a brilliant touch ^_^
Really like the light fixtures hanging from the branches.
Now we're getting somewhere. large work area, gas stove. and a bar front, for guest to lounge around on while the cook makes the kitchen area hazardous =P
As for the bathroom. I'm a bit dubious as to the exact nature of the room. I'll most likely have bathtub, not much a tubber myself. But I've yet to meet a woman whom didn't like idea of soaking for half an hour or so.
personally find the water usage criminal. But hey, I want heated floors in the whole house, so I guess I've cross the eco criminal line already ^^;
Did I mention I'd want geo heat sinks, sun cells and windtraps? but more on that another time ^^
But while my idea a bathroom is a tad vague, I know I want something large than the bloody cupboard with a toilet and a sink, I'm making due with now ^^;
Not really any point, other than thinking aloud and sharing neat pictures I found online.
As I said it, it's an ongoing project, so I might bring it up again some other time.
Emperor Protects







Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar