And my computer crooked on me >_<
not utterly, not smooking pile of melted circutes blue screen of death.
But my grafic card overheated, taking something in vista with it. causing it to crash each time it tried to initiate the drivers.
so I could only get my computer to work in safe mode ^^;
Anyways, some fiddling and trial and error later. I've managed to circumvent the drivers and got windows back up and running. albiet with artifacts all over the place (or so Kenneth called them.) manifests as frozen matrix lines of data pixels and not really cool at all, just annoying. that and I can't run any vids on my computer. online works just fine luckily.
so, gotta get myself a new grafic card and new OS as vista is ripe for a reinstall.
All this amounts to me being out of the online loop for a while, almost two weeks. and without a computer to distract me, well except my attempts to get it to work, My grey matter has had more free time than usual.
I think I'm starting to believe it karma. Not quite the head over heels "Everything happens for a reason and you cannot escape your destiny" karma. More the "everything is connected and everything carries a lesson" karma.
Can't really put my finger on what sparked this pseudo ephifany. Things have just ... come together lately. hard to explain and I don't wanna jinx it =P
*insert sound needle skipping vinyl record* and now for something completly different.
While waiting for a late train the other night, I observed a beggar on the station. Kinda strange how you know people and yet suddenly see them for the first time. Not that I knew the guy personally, but I know him, he's been hanging around that particular station for years and years. Friend of mine made habit of sparing him some change everytime she met him there and had some to spare.
But he's just sorta just always been around and I've always noticed him when he stood with hand stretched out, hoping you'd add some coins to the small pile in his hand. As I passed him by.
I've never really spared him much thought, just another homeless guy. But getting a good look at him, it was harder to dismiss him as just social debri. Tall, with a long beard, ruffled hair and worn, if strangely delicat hands. and sad eyes in a lined face. tired and sad.
I can't help but wonder what his story is, what put him on this path and ended him on a corner on a station hoping for strangers to spare him some change or an empty bottle. Is he a mental patient? has alchohol or drugs destroyed him. Did the loss of a loved one break him?
It occures to me that in all the years I've seen or noticed him, I can recall what his voice, let alone if he's ever spoken. he's a ghost really, an echo of a person that died years go.
I waited for the train for a good 20 minuts, in those twenty minuts atleast 200 people walked by him. I counted 4 sparing him coin and one giving him her empty bottle.
What a lonely existance.
I usually don't spare beggars much thought. I don't know them, they can't or won't help themself, why should I. But I genuinly felt sorry for this guy. The way his bent frame picked up a little when people came by, holding out his hand. you could almost see the hope that they'd spare some money and then he'd just sink down again and look forlorn around as they passed him by without even glancing at him.
A lonely ghost.
I had a few minuts before the train came to the station by that point, so I walked down to him, said hi there, as he noticed me and looked him in the eyes as I gave him most of the change I had in my wallet.
I don't know how much I gave him, but before the train came and I got on, he'd disappeared.
whole experience left an impression for some reason.
In other news and less serious. I managed a good run today. My foots been shot for a few days now and I've had timeout from running. mostly due to me being an idiote, I got a blister on one foot, which I punctured and went running on and ignored when it started hurting like hell and just ran on.
So, what I've deduced is that, the blister tore open while I ran and then the underskin started to blister and then that punctured >_<
ouch I say. so no running for me, for a good 7 days.
so can I learn it.
*brofist* You're a good man, dude.
SvarSlet