mandag den 4. april 2011

Bringing back the old warhorses

Saw an episode on Game overthinker the other day on retro games. which made me look back on some of the old classics that ate up a significant part of my teen years.
While the years have left the games behind and glosed over the faults, bugs and short sights in them. I still recall them fondly and as it's all the rage these days to revive old games, to squeeze a few ekstra dollars out of the nostalgic thirty something gamers.
you can't refer to the nineties with out bringing up Masters of Orion II
I don't have count of the hours I've spent putting ships together, balancing colonies and utterly exterminating any of the other races that as much as looked at me funny =3
It could do with a serious grafics overhaul, as well as the AI would need work and rebalancing of the races, that one science race was so hax it wasn't even funny ^^; also more options in the diplomacy department would be nice.


Masters of magic:
hmmm Civilisation with magic, monsters and units that get experince and you can augment. I played this long after it was no way in hell fesable to play on my computer ^^;
But this game just so damn addicting and I love the fact you units gain experience and get tougher, so even the lowliest spearmen would have a chance against heavy cavelary.
well mine would eat heavy cavelary =P as I'd turned them into firebreathing werewolves, with stone skin, magic weapons and wings XD
Again a grafic upgrade and some decent ochesteral music ^^d possibly some ai tweeking and downpowering the hero units, which in the later lvls took out armies with one arm tied behind them ^^;









Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar