onsdag den 25. maj 2011

Back from the dark reaches of Jutland

Oh there are weekends that just come and go to fast.

Using some of overtime to take a few days off, I had an extended weekend i jutland.
Had a quick stopover at Mona place to attend her birthday party really quick like. originally I intended to skip the project entirely and get an early start and get to jutland early. But then she made puppy eyes at me and what little resolve I had to begin with went on coffe break.
glad I went though, super cozy and nice people around. ^^d

so with a bounce in my step I loaded up my car and headed for the freeway. Having spent a little longer at the birthday party than I planned I took the drive in one go. that's close to four hours on the road, damn my ass was sore by the last hour >_< don't know how truckers cope.
Incidently, my driving technique on long trips have improved leaps and bounds. first time I went to jutland, I had to refuel to car to make it home. This time I got there and back on one tank, with some to spare ^^
Usually I get around 400 km out of one tank, when I got home monday, I clicked the km reader at 650 km.
freaking awesome =D
Read an article that 10 km from 100 to 110 as is the speed limit, actually don't make much difference in travel time. But quite some in fuel consumption.
so with that in mind, I found a large truck and set myself snugly behind it, for one thing to pace myself and secondly to use the slipstream of his bulk to ease up on air resistance, thus easing up on the motor power needed to keep at speed.

But arrived in dark reaches of jutland, almost litterally smack middle of it all. Castle CatKitsu, Rikke and Michael. two dear friends, with a cozy, almost hobbit'ish house in the middle of freaking nowhere.
It's hard to discribe just how much I relax at their place, it's like I leave every worry and concern at the door.

it's amazing how days of doing nothing and everything that comes to your mind, pass so quickly ^^;
I took their little, over hyper, welsh courgi for a run/play time each morning. we played with their 360 kinect (really get the puls goin) I got to try on chain mail and swing around with swords (killed a sofa but good) watched anime, played with Loke (their adorable little tyke of a 1year old) and talked and talked.

We also visited another old friend and his girlfriend, nice meeting her. sweet girl and meet their two massive Maincoon cats o_0 I mean, freaking Greebo.



and Monday I headed home. feeling more cheerful than I had in a good while. ^^

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar