My moms boyfriend had called for us to join the Herlev around bicykel race. social race for a good cause (the entrance fee goes towards charity)
The ride is around 25 km, the trick is Brix (as the guys names is) doesn't really see it as a race and more a social event, with lots and lots of drinking breaks along the route. But it did sound fun.
So I got up disgustingly early for a day off and went to his appartment to met with him, my brothers' father and a few other people. where we started the day with a "bitter" yuck.
And there off into the windy and rainy morning of mid May.... where the fuck is that global warming everyone is talking about, I thought I'd bundled up fairly warm and I still froze my ass off.
we gathered with a shitload of other people (around 700 all told as far as I've gathered) and we headed off in teams. I think we got about 1500 meters before our first pitstop and we pulled over for a beer (or in my case a coke) and that's how it went for most of the route.
While cozy, I must admit the novelty of watching peopel drink beer and goof around as the only sober person and then moozy along the route (running joke was that if hour average speed on the smart phone tracking app got over 5kmh we had to make a pitstop)
So about 7 from the finish line, me and one of the other "younger" guys had had enough and split from the group, agreeing to meet up at the line.
So off we went, at a pace much more to my liking.
after the race we all met up at my moms place for hotdogs afterwards.
So all in all, very cozy, but next year, if I join, I'm going with my own, more speed minded group. we cleared the 25km in about four hours XD
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar