So I'm ever so slowly getting started on my cosplay, yeah you heard me. Cosplay. I gonna dress up.
I decided last year at Genki con that I wanted to cosplay. initially I picked Vash the Stampeed from Trigun, cause the character is awesome and I really like the outfit, but as I started to do the logistic overview of what needed to be done to make a decent cosplay, the fight just sorta wheezed out of me. Vash was WAY to ambitious, both technically and finacially. Some day maybe, but right now I gotta own up to my limits and utter lack of experience.
So after some mulling about I decided to do Dark Link, Links evil opposit from the Zelda series. It seems a more manageble project and I like the idea, since I'm gonna be massive compared to most of the Links that tend to show up at the danish cons (those tending to be girls cosplaying, where as I will be a 6foot 170 pound male =P )
I chose Dark Link cause to my knowledge he hasn't really show up on danish cons and I'd like to try something that hasn't been seen.
Also, I'm giving it my own spin, as neither of the official Dark Links are really practical, being all black on black or with pitch black skin.
I go for a dark version of the Link from Twillight princess, I like that design and I'll add some evil twists of my own.
So I won't be a canon character, but I still hope I can enter craft at Genki Con =)
So here's the kicker, I'm slowly getting startet, I got a list down of what I need, got a battle plan. managed to scrounge up one of most tricky bits, the chainmail.
And I sorta fretting about, think it's finally dawning on me, just how MASSIVE an undertaking a cosplay is. Sure I've been around the cosplay community for years, I've helped make cosplay, but the sheer amount of time and effort that goes into cosplay. Even a relatively simple one such as Dark Link.
Today I got roughly 97 days until Genki con. it is time to stop mucking about and get started =)
So take a deep breath and plunge in. ^^d see you on the other side.
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar