Right then, more or less back in shape after a serious bout of the flu. Which just for variation manifested itself as crippeling headarch and fever. so I spent the better part of five days in bed, doing nothing that listening audio books ... or book (Thief of Time by Terry pratchett) and watching anime, finally got around to finishing Full metal Alchemist Brotherhood, which incidently is made of awesome =D I'm not too proud to admit I got moist eyes during the last two episodes. (as a certain warthog says "it just gets me, right here!" ) and I saw a shitload of monster and slasher movies.
But in the end I recovered and returned to work this tuesday.
I must admit, it was saddened to hear our receptionist's husband had passed away, during the weekend =/ granted, he was at the end of his rope, riddled with cancer cysts. But I'd hoped they'd atleast have a few months together before he punched his ticket =(
Also, just to top it off, thursday, the day he was buried, my boss informed that our old supervisor wouldn't be returning from his sickleave (he keeled over couple of months back, they discovered a tumor in his head and he's been operated twice) anyways, his wife called and told my boss he wouldn't be returning as they don't expect him to last long enough to celebrate christmas eve. =/
working at a hospital, you sorta expect death to hang around, we got a hospice section for one thing, so anyone admitted there you know is gonna check out feet first.
But just seems different, when it's people that arn't ... well admitted as patients, die.
anyways, that aside. Friday was a freaking madhouse o_0 my phone just wouldn't shut up, one crisis taking the other. well, nobody were in danger of dying.... well, then again, some were. But nothing that got so serious that was cause real worry.
well, around noon I was pretty ready to throw a fit and fling my phone out the window >_<
SO good thing I got off early, quick trip to the dentist to have my Grindcare tryout evaluated (electronic piece of equipment that monitors you bite during sleep and zaps you if you grind your teeth) anyways, it was declared that while I do bit down during sleep, it was nothing out of the ordinary. so that wasn't the cause of the howl in my ear.
That over and done with, I grabbed my bag and jumped the train, heading for Jutland.
I hate taking the bloody train during fridays and sundays. it's freaking stuffed and I always get the chatterbox, drunk and squeeling kid.
So though it's cheaper than the car, and in theory I can sit and rest, write, read and what not. it just stress me so very much.
So while it cost more to drive to Jutland, it's both faster and proberbly more relaxing as I go my own pace (around the speed limit atleast) and the only people I have to deal with are the ones I've invited myself, so I should be able to manage =P
well, at any rate I survived the trip and arrived in Hobro where Dorthea picked me up at the station and we spent a wonderful weekend together <3
totally made the traintrip worth it ^_^
and now, a new week looms in the horizon
Trains are d e a t h on Fridays and Sundays. It's a rule, didn't you know?
SvarSletBut I'm totally with you on the conclusion; when your girl's standing there on the station waiting, it's totally worth it. :]