Emperors sacred poop! it's new years tomorrow, and I feel like I've only had vacation for bit over a week. Actually, I feel like the year just zoomed past in a flash and so much happened and then again. Not really that much, just big things.
Me and Marie broke up in January, ending a 3+ year relationship. quite the mental helterskelter rollercoaster to start the year on ^^; Looking back, I'm still amazed at how hard it hit me, even if I'd sensed it comming. Took me a good half year to really get myself together.
Ofcause, me being me and not considering emotions as something that should affect me, I went right ahead with my birthday plans and threw a massive 30 years birthday party. It was a blast and I was so stressed between the break up and arranging a 40+ guest party, I'm suprised I didn't keel over with an anyurisme.
Sadly that kinda set the whole tone for the year =/ me utterly ignoring what was going on, on the inside and just soldiering on regardless.
Looking back, it's a wonder I didn't utterly break down, there were several warning signs. me flat out having a panic attack during my third drivers exam for one.
speaking of driving, which leads me to a round of more positive events =3 I got my drivers license, only took me like 1½ freaking year ^^; but I got it and went and bought myself a money devouring ricecooker.
Also started running this year, actually made some headway in my continuing effort to get rid of my belly.
In 2010 I also met Dorte <3 we dated and broke up again.
And that was roughly 2010 =/ wow. strangely enough, I look by and have this sense of running headlessly without really knowing where I was going, but in wild panic that I wasn't going to make it on time. what the hell was the hurry?
That's gotta be one of my New Years resolutions. less headless running around, slow the fuck down, by the Emperor!
New Years resolutions for 2011.
- Less stress. Both at work and in my personal life. This is possibly the most important one, I won't make another year as strung out as this one.
- Stand fast. This'll maybe take some explaining. I've discovered that I've gone soft, for lack of a better word. I've, without really realizing it, turned into a sycophant. always aiming for the compromise, trying to make everyone happy and not rub people the wrong way. And I won't be like that, I dislike that sort of person. So this year, I'm gonna see if I can find myself again, ofcause I don't wanna be a mywayorthehighway guy either, just actually say no when it strikes my fancy, let people know when I think they're idiots or selfish and so forth. well at any rate, it's something to work on.
-Train. I really made some headway this year with training, but not as much as I wanted, I blame my stress really. so 2011 I wanna get back in the saddle and actually get in shape so I can look at myself in the mirror and not think I could do so much better.
-Write. I've written quite alot in 2010, more than I expected I would being on indefinet leave from the Writters Guilt after me and Marie broke up. But I'd like to get even more into it in 2011.
So, what are the odds of me managing all that in a single year. ...meh, 50-50 I'd say. But If can look back next new years and say I atleast got control of my stress and any one of the three others I'd rate 2011 a good year =)
But still, 2010 would have been a hell without my friends and family and in a way, they're pretty much the same to me. Cause they say "you can't pick your family" well, can we truely pick our friends? Family might put up with more shit, cause we'll you're related. But friends, what are the odds of meeting true friends? family you're born into, Friends you can look for, but really, it's up to chance if you find any, like gems, fourleafed clovers or perfect sunsets.
So if there's one thing, I'm really grateful for, it's the people closest to me, the ones that's been there when I needed them the most or just been around even if I didn't need them.
....anyways, that's enough sap outta me. See'ya next year peps ^^/
Emperor protects.
Happy new year dude. 2011 shall be awesome! *brofist*
SvarSlet