fredag den 11. februar 2011

challenge met and overcome.

As mentioned in earlier posts, I've gotten ahead in my running schedual. But today I were debating my progress with some collegues that, where one is a seasoned runner and marathon man.
And he thought I could progress a whole lot faster than I am right now and he suggested that I might be holding back by aherding to my schedual to closely.
Intrigued by this another collegue suggested I tried to run the 6 kilomters that are my goal, just to see how far I could take it. and so I did.
I had a date with Eri afterwork, going shopping and having a hotdog, cozy seeing her.
But it'd started snowing and gotten dark when I was finally home, so some prep work was in order =3
ready to go running in windy, snow freezing dark weather ^_^ three layers of pants, three layers of tshirts and sweat shirt, + safty vest. scarf, cap, socks, ankel warmers and fingerless gloves.
Ready to run.
So I ventured into the snow and had a brilliant run =) I took a new route, just to make the experience completly original and went through the local bog, where I even managed to scale the hill at the local architect school for a private rocky moment.
ofcause the route through the bog presented a few challenges of it's own, for one thing it was gloomy twillight, which made the muddy slicks hard to see and the pools of water even harder and those I did see presented a challenge in and of the selves as I had to leap across them.
But got through the bog okay. other traps I encountered; boobytrap streetwalks. turns out the frost had eroded the gravel underneith the sidewalk stones, so they'd tip when you stepped on them a couple of place salong my route. suprised the hell out of me the first time, but luckily I didn't slip or twist anything =)
In the end I clocked a nice 6½ kilometers, where I only had a break of 100m walk up a particular nasty hill.
Real proud of myself ^^

other than that I've been postponing writting again by surfing on 4chan XD




2 kommentarer:

  1. Haha, svedte du ikke bare heeeelt vildt?!

    SvarSlet
  2. Sorry about the eroding.

    But gratz. Awesomely done.

    SvarSlet